On this page, we will explain how the deposit service works for you as a seller.
Table of Contents
- What is the Pets4Homes Safe Deposit Service?
- How do deposits work for me as a seller?
What is the Pets4Homes Safe Deposit Service?
At Pets4Homes, our number one priority is the safety of pets rehomed on our site. This is why we have implemented the Pets4Homes Safe Deposit Service - a way to make the rehoming process safer and simpler for both pets and people. We know it is common practice for sellers/breeders to ask for a deposit to be transferred before a viewing. As a buyer, it can often be an uncomfortable experience transferring hundreds of pounds to an unknown person. By using Pets4Homes’ Safe Deposit Service in the rehoming process, we will safely hold the buyer’s deposit funds while you and the potential buyer come to an agreement. Once you have agreed on rehoming the pet, we will release the funds to you (the seller).
Why should I use Pets4Homes Safe Deposit service?
- Deposits make the rehoming process more reliable for both sellers and buyers.
- This service is free of charge for you as a seller and makes managing deposits convenient and safe.
- It’s safer for buyers to commit when Pets4Homes safely holds the deposit until both parties come to an agreement.
- Adverts with the Pets4Homes Safe Deposit Service enabled will stand out from the crowd with a blue badge in the right side corner.
- This means that you as a seller will receive more interest on your advert as well as attract genuine and trustworthy buyers.
We recommend always using the Pets4Homes Safe Deposit Service as it will be visible to buyers when adverts have not yet enabled this service.
How do deposits work for me as a seller?
Step 1: Upload your advert
When uploading an advert on Pets4Homes, you can choose the requested deposit amount as one of the last steps of the advert creation (see picture below). See how to create an advert here. Note: the Safe Deposit Service is only available on pets for sale adverts (i.e the deposit feature is not available for stud or adoption adverts).
As one of the last steps when uploading an advert on Pets4Homes, you can choose to:
- Enable Pets4Homes Safe Deposit Service.
- Set the requested deposit amount as a percentage of the price (see picture below).
Step 2: Agree with the buyer and ask them to place a deposit
Once you have uploaded your advert, it will go through our Trust & Safety process for approval. Once your advert is live on the site, potential buyers will now be able to place deposits on your advert by clicking on "Place a deposit". We always recommend that you as a seller talk to the buyer and ensure they are the right fit for your pet before you ask them to place a deposit.
- Note that no funds are sent between buyer and seller at this point, the deposit is at this stage being safely held by us at Pets4Homes.
- Please make sure that you have been contacted by the potential buyer to agree on all practical arrangements, and book a visit for the potential buyer to see the pet.
- You can always choose to reject a pending deposit from a buyer if you have not been contacted by the potential buyer beforehand.
- Pets4Homes will hold the deposit until you request the deposit to be transferred to you and the buyer accepts your request.
Step 3: Send a transfer request
When you are comfortable that you have found a good home for the pet you are trying to re-home, you can send a transfer request to the buyer. Note that the buyer has to approve this request before any funds are transferred. We recommend buyers and sellers to go through this step once you both feel comfortable and ready. In most cases, this will be when the buyer has had a chance to view the pet in person (or digitally).
- When you are comfortable that you have found a good home for the pet you are trying to re-home, you can send a transfer request to the buyer.
- Note that the buyer has to approve this request before any funds are transferred.
- We recommend buyers and sellers to go through this step once you both feel comfortable and ready. In most cases, this will be when the buyer has had a chance to view the pet in person (or digitally).
- Note that you as a seller can cancel a pending transfer request at any time until the buyer has accepted it.
Step 4: Transfer the funds to your bank account
When the buyer has accepted your transfer request, it will take up to 2 full business days before a “Transfer to Bank” button will appear under “My Deposits” in your Pets4Homes account.
You need to click on “Transfer to Bank” to start the process for the funds to be transferred into your bank account.
Before the funds are transferred into your bank account you will need to provide us with two different pieces of information:
- Your bank details - This is so we know which account the payment should be made to. Please note that we currently only do pay-outs to UK-based bank accounts.
- Proof of Identity - This is a legal requirement, where we require a scan/photo of either your driver's licence or your passport (note: we do not accept regular ID cards as Proof of Identity).
Once you’ve clicked on “Transfer to Bank” and provided us with Proof of Identity, the funds will appear in your bank account within 4 full business days.
If you need further assistance
If this help article did not answer your question, you are of course more than welcome to reach out to us by clicking the button below.