We always aim to safeguard our community. Therefore, we choose to work with legitimate payment service providers. These providers are subject to financial regulation and may collect additional data about you to perform ‘Know Your Customer' (KYC) procedure.
What is KYC?
‘Know Your Customer’ is a verification procedure to make sure that the individual receiving the payment is the nameholder on the recipient account. By using KYC, our payment providers ensure that payments on Pets4Homes:
- Comply with legal requirements
- Meet the standards of payment security
We are not saving any of the documents you submit in our system. Each of them goes straight to our payment provider MangoPay, where they handle them securely.
In summary, the KYC procedure enables up to process your payments and also safeguards that we are making the payment to the correct individual rather than someone pretending to be you.
IMPORTANT: No national ID-cards!
You can ONLY use one of these documents to verify your ID:
- Driver’s licence, including the provisional licence
In the copy/photo, the document must be clearly visible, complete (both sides), not expired and your name and birth date must exactly match the submitted user details. We’ll notify you if your document doesn’t match these requirements.
Common reasons why KYC is rejected
- Name does not match the name on your account. You must provide your Legal name that is on your passport when you submit your user details. Nicknames are not accepted. (e.g. Tom if your name is Thomas). You can change your personal details and resubmit the document if needed.
- All 4 corners of the document is not showing. An example would be that the MRZ (Machine Readable Zone) area at the bottom of the passport is cropped or covered by your fingers
- Document is either too far away from camera or image is blurry and not clearly readable
- Birthdate does not match the submitted birthdate
Not both sides of a Driver's Licence being uploaded
Please see examples below of what your document should look like when submitted:
If you need further assistance
If this help article did not answer your question, you are of course more than welcome to reach out to us by clicking the button below.