Do you suspect an animal welfare issue?

IMPORTANT: Please note that Pets4Homes does not send individual welfare reports to UK authorities on behalf of our users, but we are happy to answer any of your questions and advise what should be included in your report.

Report to the local council and RSPCA

You should report your concerns directly to the seller's local council and the RSPCA as they have the authority to inspect the premises in-person and can take further action if there are licensing issues or serious welfare concerns. We work closely with several local councils, trading standards and police agencies and can provide them with the details we hold on file to assist with any investigation after we receive a data protection request.

If you do not know where a seller resides, please let us know in your report if you need a link to their local council's website.

Find contact details for the local council

Find a local council

Reaching out to the RSPCA

Getting in touch with the RSPCA

Report to us

If you suspect an animal welfare issue with any listing you encounter on Pets4Homes, we also encourage you to report this to us and forward the supporting evidence we need to investigate this further and take action if needed. Please note that we need to hear from the person who was directly impacted or involved, and not a third-party.

When reporting an animal welfare issue, it is also important for us to know if you have visited the seller's home and viewed the pets in-person. We do require proof with more serious reports, so please make sure you send us the information we need to understand what has happened.

If you purchased a pet using Pet Payments

Please see our designated page to tell us what happened.

If you have a scam or fraud concern

Please see our fraud and scams page if you wish to report suspicious activity.

Did you find it helpful? Yes No

Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.