TABLE OF CONTENTS
I am the Seller
If you change your mind about rehoming your pet to your chosen buyer(s), you have the option to cancel the Pet Payment rehoming process. After you accept a Pet Payment request, the buyer still needs to send the payment to secure their pet. The process of cancelling the rehoming process will be different depending on whether the buyer has sent their payment yet:
- If the buyer has not yet paid:
- You should click "decline request" or "withdraw request" within the relevant chat conversation with your buyer. This will cancel the request, and no funds will be moved.
- If the buyer has already paid:
- Please contact our Tust and Safety team letting us know that you wish to return the buyer's payment so we can arrange the cancellation for you. Because you are choosing to cancel the transaction yourself, you are not entitled to keep the deposit. The deposit amount which was transferred to you will be automatically direct-debited (subtracted) from your bank account and sent back to the buyer.
Note: If the buyer has changed their mind, their circumstances have changed, or they have asked you to cancel the sale for them, you might be entitled to keep the deposit. Please forward them this page and ask them to contact us directly to request cancellation. If they refuse, please let us know and provide us with a few screensthots of the conversation.
I am the Buyer
If you find that you're unable to rehome your chosen pet before you collect them, you have the option to cancel the rehoming process. The process of cancelling the rehoming process will be different depending on whether you have already paid for the pet or not:
- If you have sent a Pet Payment request but have not yet paid:
- You should go to the relevant chat conversation and click "withdraw request" or "decline request".
- If you have already paid:
- It is not possible for you to receive your deposit back. If you choose to withdraw from the sale, please contact our Tust and Safety team and let us know so we can arrange the cancellation for you. Your remaining balance will be refunded back to you, but the deposit will stay with the seller. The Guarantee fee will also not be refunded.
Note: If the seller has asked you to cancel the sale, the seller has stopped replying, or the rehoming is no longer moving forward because the seller does not wish to continue, you might be entitled to your deposit. Please forward them this page and ask them to contact us directly to request cancellation. If they refuse or have stopped replying, please let us know and provide us with a few screenshots of the conversation.
Note: If you wish to cancel due to a serious safety or welfare concern, please contact our Trust and Safety team to provide further details. You may be entitled to keep the deposit.
How do I contact the Trust and Safety team?
You can contact our team from your chat conversation by clicking the cog and selecting "Contact Support team." Alternatively, you can reach out to us by clicking the button below: