IMPORTANT: In order to meet PAAG minimum standards, we reserve the right to refuse any advert that may compromise them. We also reserve the right to decline any adverts or suspend any user account if we suspect you are behaving in an irresponsible way or breaching any of our terms.
We may place your account on hold if you have broken one of our terms of service. If your account is placed on hold, you will receive an email alerting you as to the reason why. Please check your email and our detailed account rules to find out why your account has been blocked:
If you have questions, please reply directly to the email you received so we can best assist you!
Are you an eligible seller?
- If you are breeding dogs for sale and require a breeding license from your local council, you need to be registered as a licensed breeder on the site and provide us with a copy of your license. If we suspect you need to be licensed but you haven't provided your license details, we reserve the right to decline your adverts and may report to your local authority.
- Any pet(s) you advertise must be owned by yourself. If you are advertising a litter of kittens or puppies, they must be owned and have been bred by yourself. We do not allow the advertising of litters of puppies or kittens on behalf of another person, or that you have bought from third parties with the purpose of selling.
- Pet shop license holders are not permitted to advertise puppies or kittens for sale, unless you also hold a valid breeding license and that you have bred the pets your yourself in the UK.
- You will clearly state whether you are using the services we offer as a private individual, frequent advertiser/breeder, rescue centre/charity or company.
- All pets for rehoming must be available for viewing at your home or place of business.
- We do not allow adverts for pets which offer delivery or any courier service.
Are you an eligible buyer?
We do not allow anyone under the age of 18 to advertise a pet for sale, adoption or stud on the website. Also, we do not allow anyone under the age of 18 to use the website to contact an advertiser. If you are advertising a pet via the Pets4Homes website, you must ensure anyone adopting or buying your pet is at least 18 years of age.
Below we list the most common reasons that users accounts are placed on hold and give some advice to help you get back onto your account.
- Verify your full name and correct address details
If you are not prepared to enter your correct name and full address details on your account, then please do not create an advert as we will not be prepared to approve it.
- Only Use One Account
- Verify Pet Ownership
We will sometimes ask you to send us a copy of a recent utility bill, video of your pets with their mum, your vaccination card, and your microchip document to prove that you are the legal owner of the pets being advertised. Usually, if you have done this for one litter we will not ask again in the future.
- Use the Correct Account Type
If you are advertising 3 or more different pets in a 12-month period, you will need to change your account type to "Breeder." If you are running a business of breeding dogs or selling animals as pets, you will need the relevant animal activities license from your local council and to upload these details to your account.
IMPORTANT: If you break any of the above rules, we may close any adverts you have placed and close your account.